Editorial

Thanks to everyone who has contributed, I am always very pleased to hear a new story.
Thanks also to all the visitors who have read any of the stories.

While reading please be sure to click on the comments links beneath the stories.

Tuesday, 14 October 2008

Story 9 from Paul Kelly

Having been born in Worthing and lived there until just before my 21st birthday
I was having a good look at the Lancing and Sompting site and came across the photo of the ironmongers shop in Penhill Road.
You may be interested to know that I worked in that shop for a while after I left school but it was then owned by A.J. Eakins.
I got the job through his son John who I went to school with. I wonder what happened to them all.
Other than that the shop doesn't look so different than when I worked there in the late 1950's

Paul Kelly
Adelaide, Australia

1 comment:

Nickname unavailable said...

I know I know you, I remember you outside when I would go home, I lived in Beverly house and rode my bike everywhere. My name was Janet Baker, but I doubt that you would remember that. Do you happen to have a photo?. My e-mail address is freemaja_1@hotmail.com
I am in Dallas at the moment, but traveled extensively for work.
This little site is awesome, the memories are a delight, I would love to see many more of our contemporaries with stories on here.

Jan