Tuesday 14 October 2008

Story 9 from Paul Kelly

Having been born in Worthing and lived there until just before my 21st birthday
I was having a good look at the Lancing and Sompting site and came across the photo of the Ironmonger's shop on Penhill Road.
You may be interested to know that I worked in that shop for a while after I left school but it was then owned by A.J. Eakins.
I got the job through his son John who I went to school with. I wonder what happened to them all.
Other than that the shop doesn't look so different than when I worked there in the late 1950s

Paul Kelly
Adelaide, Australia

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know I know you, I remember you outside when I would go home, I lived in Beverly house and rode my bike everywhere. My name was Janet Baker, but I doubt that you would remember that. Do you happen to have a photo?. My e-mail address is freemaja_1@hotmail.com
I am in Dallas at the moment, but traveled extensively for work.
This little site is awesome, the memories are a delight, I would love to see many more of our contemporaries with stories on here.

Jan