Editorial

Thanks to everyone who has contributed, I am always very pleased to hear a new story.
Thanks also to all the visitors who have read any of the stories.

While reading please be sure to click on the comments links beneath the stories.

Thursday, 30 July 2009

Story 17 from Brenda Grover

In Reply to Alan Brenda sends this story..

Reading your Lancing history, i have just come back to live here, and i saw your parents were friends of my Uncle Pearce and Aunty Mildred. I love being back here and just walking around, brings back so many memories of such a wonderful childhood, and what a wonderful place to live.
 My sons who are 35 & 37, grew up here, and they are always saying thankyou for a wonderful childhood. With as you say the beach and downs. I went up the Lancing Ring after the storm, and cried as my great grandfather helped to plant those trees, and i knocked at the door of church villa , and asked if i could look around the old family house, wonderful so many memories. I love Lancing, it has got a bit more larger,but in a way has not changed at all. Thank you again for your write up.
 I live Penhill now but used to live North Lancing, and went to North Lancing primary school with Miss Tait and Miss Humphries, I remember Mr Stear.
 Thank you again for a nice and good read.

See this and other stories on the Tithing Times website
0

No comments: