Thursday 30 July 2009

Story 17 from Brenda Grover

In Reply to Alan Brenda sends this story..

Reading your Lancing history, I have just come back to live here, and I saw your parents were friends of my Uncle Pearce and Aunty Mildred. I love being back here and just walking around, brings back so many memories of such a wonderful childhood, and what a wonderful place to live.
 My sons who are 35 & 37, grew up here, and they are always saying thank you for a wonderful childhood. With as you say the beach and downs. I went up the Lancing Ring after the storm and cried as my great-grandfather helped to plant those trees, and I knocked at the door of church villa and asked if I could look around the old family house, wonderful so many memories. I love Lancing, it has got a bit larger, but in a way has not changed at all. Thank you again for your write-up.
 I live in Penhill now but used to live in North Lancing, and went to North Lancing primary school with Miss Tait and Miss Humphries, I remember Mr Stear.
 Thank you again for a nice and good read.

See this and other stories on the Tithing Times website
0

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Did post a comment but cannot see it. How do I get comment posted.